Wedding Dresses typically run small, meaning if you are a size 8 street, you may need a 10/12 dress. Here are some tips and tricks to make sure you find the right size for you!
Shirt Size - approx. Dress size:
XS - Size 0/2
S - Size 2/4/6
M - Size 6/8/10
L - Size 8/10/12
XL - Size 14/16/18
2XL - 20/22/24+
Many sellers will include their measurements to let you know the size of the dress.
How to Measure:
1. Bust: Measure around your chest & back at the fullest part of your bust (helps if you wear the bra you plan on wearing)
2. Waist: Measure around the narrowest part of your waist. Make sure you're not measuring your hips! Oh, and don't suck-in! Your waist is about 5-6 inches from the bottom of your bust.
3. Hips: Measure at the fullest part of your hips! Usually about 5-6 inches from your waist.
4. **Waist to Hem: Length from waist to floor or bottom of dress. Make sure you include the shoes you want to wear in this measurement! Length typically cannot be altered, so make sure this is accurate!
80% of girls who buy a wedding dress have it altered. Maybe the shoulders aren't quite right. Your waist is itsy-bitsy. You want a corset-back. Whatever the cause, designers plan on it.
-Most dresses have extra seam allowance to let the dress out an inch and every dress can be altered in 1-3 sizes.
- Waist and shoulders are easy to alter, but length is not.
If you love the dress, it just doesn't fit perfectly, call around and find a seamstress!